.

This Family Climbed Mount Washington


We took a trip to New Hampshire in order to drive up Mount Washington (and spend some time in Littleton). And yes, we got the little "This Car Climbed Mount Washington" bumper sticker.

What I want to know is: How is it more people have not died going up this mountain?!

No guardrails next to a hundred-foot drop. Steep hills, smoking brakes. Barely room for two cars on the road. Unpaved portions of roadway. High winds. I could go on.

We absolutely loved the experience, but there was no small bit of terror involved. Both on the way up and the way back. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that the mountain closed the day before I was going to take Trevor up there alone in our little Kia last year. I think I would have had a panic attack on the ascent.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment