.

64th Birthday Cookies Beta Test

The Liloias were invited to a 64th birthday party this weekend, complete with hippie themes and optional costumes. It seemed like as good a time as any to do some more cookie beta testing for the business I'm starting in May.


The icing was a bit too runny. Next time I have a different recipe in mind. This particular icing comes out very glossy. I'm going to try a stiffer, matte royal icing recipe next time. But the cookies come out buttery and delicious -- they're not just a canvas for the design!


The birthday girl's signature colors for the party are hot pink and orange -- hence the color scheme here. The only challenge I hit was that I couldn't for the life of me remember which two primary colors you blend to make orange. Blame it on the baby brain.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What business are you starting in May? A.Rom

Unknown said...

I'm starting a sugar cookie business. First, out of home, then someday perhaps a shop!

Post a Comment