.

Peanut Butter Cream Cupcakes

Peanut Butter CupcakesThis cupcake is a combination of chocolate cupcake with cream filling and peanut butter frosting. The cake is Double Dark Chocolate from Food & Wine Magazine, the center is piped with a cream filling recipe from Allrecipes.com, and the topping is Peanut Butter Frosting comes from the January 2003 issue of Bon Appétit.

The cake was moist, but not as flavorful and dense as the last chocolate recipe. Once the filling went in, they tended to fall apart. Still tasty, but only edible with a spoon. The filling was more buttercream than I'd have liked, but it was a last-minute addition that I wasn't totally prepared for. I meant to make chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and filling, but after sampling the frosting, it seemed too thick and peanut-buttery to have it inside and outside. I searched for a lighter, fluffier filling that I could quickly make from the pantry. Next time I might try some variation on whipped cream.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment