.

Oops... again.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a JetBlue alert that my flight had changed; however, the email was blank in the area for listing the changes. I logged in and nothing seemed different than my printed itinerary, so I chalked it up to a technical error. Sure enough, an hour or so later, I received an apologetic email about the mistaken change alert. We all go on our merry way.

I mentioned to Dave how easy it is to send out incorrect email blasts -- having sent those mass messages to immense member lists almost daily for the past five years. At my first week at DFA, I was sending messages alone for only the second or third time when I realized, with a sick feeling, that I had sent a message intended for North Dakota to the entire email list.

And there was the time that I accidentally used our Executive Director's real email address in the reply-to field. He had about 50,000 messages to sort through the next day. It happens.

But it doesn't happen often, (my rate is three in five years, which is less than 0.1%.) so I was a little surprised to get a second flight change alert this week from JetBlue. Again, the relevant information was blank and the flight route mentioned was one I've never traveled or booked. And again, I received an apology email shortly afterwards, along with a few other people.

jetblue


Sure, there's a little bit of schadenfreude, watching someone else hit the wrong button. But there's a little relief as well. I may have once asked some donors to support a guy 2,000 miles away, but at least no one showed up for the wrong flight.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment