.

Crepe Paper Flowers

Crepe FlowersI made this pair of little orange crepe paper flowers following instructions from Courtney at "two straight lines." I've had the post bookmarked for a while until I collected the materials.

My flowers are not as crisp or tight as hers, but I'm totally liking the clearance Christmas wrapping paper I scored from Oriental Trading Company around the bottom of the containers.

Next time I might make the crepe paper circles a touch smaller, which should result in tighter blooms. And I need more T-pins, but I've discovered they're not cheap at the local sewing store. I must be shopping in the wrong place, because I remember my Gram having a million of those things around her house.

Finally, reusing the Stonyfield Farms yogurt cups seemed like a good idea, but they're tapered, so wrapping the paper covering around the base in a tidy way became a trick in itself. Plain ol' cylindrical soup cans would work better.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment