.

Lemon Cataclysm Cupcakes

Lemon Cataclysm CupcakesThe cupcake of the week is Lemon Cataclysm. They started out as Lemon Burst, but there's only lemon filling in those (and I'm not too big on the box mixes either). Then I found Cupcake Bakeshop's Lemon Curd Filled Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Again, the only lemon is in the filling... and I wasn't looking for a cream cheese frosting either.

To get the mouth-puckering effect I wanted, I combined the Magnolia Bakery Cookbook's basic yellow cupcake recipe with "luscious lemon frosting," which, to be accurate, is more of a glaze than a frosting. If you pipe anything onto the cupcake, be aware that it will spread out into the barest suggestion of your shape within a few minutes. After I discovered this, I started making abstract swirls instead of precise stars. These are lemony enough to curl your hair. They're more than a burst, just past an explosion... they're a Lemon Cataclysm.
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment