.

Lots to do, sweetie.

Full To-DoThe work to-do list starts from the top of the page. The home to-do list starts from the bottom of the page. On some extremely busy days, they meet in the middle. On some horrific days, I have to start a second column. Too many of those days in a row and I start calling people "sweetie" in a way that doesn't mean "sweetie."

Sometimes items on a to-do list can be deceiving. Like this tiny one-liner: "try DB" which means to log onto the VPN, log into the database, determine if the access is working, when it isn't, email for advice, wait for the reply, download & install a MySQL query browser, re-login to the database again, then get on a conference call to walk through the schema. That doesn't fit on the line.

Items get listed multiple times if I have to do them more than once. I think you should get credit for two tasks if you do something twice, like calling someone back to finish planning an event. I also enjoy checking things off. (<-- A bullet point straight off my resume.)

I tend to prioritize the work items by letter and (sometimes) number, but not the home items. It would be disheartening to see all of the little C3's at the bottom of the list next to tasks like making cupcakes and reordering my Neflix queue. FranklinCovey doesn't have a letter-number combination for "I must do this for my sanity."
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment